· Provide executive management team with an operating budget.
· Work with Executive team to perform cost analysis,
· Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports while ensuring compliance with all contractual, regulatory and government policy requirements.
· Identify new funding and liquidity optimization opportunities, as well as cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
· Prepare historical financial records and long-term financial projections for submission to potential investors where necessary
· Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns as well as payment of taxes due
· Oversee the production of monthly and quarterly reports including financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
· Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff.
· Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
· Oversee the continuous improvement, re-engineering and automation of financial processes
· Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met,
· Ensure that the preparation of annual financial statements is in accordance with IFRS standards and that other required supplementary schedules and information are provided.
· Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
· Monitor banking activities of the company.
· Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the company’s needs.
· Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
· Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
· Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
· Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Applicants should possess a minimum of a 2nd class or upper credit in Accounting or related disciplines.
- 5-7 years related work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role.
- ICAN and/or ACCA Certification is a must.
- Good and working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is highly essential and recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English.