Our Client is a leading Insurance Company licensed to transact Life and Non Life insurance business in Nigeria.
The ideal candidate is responsible for the overall Financial and fiscal functions of the Company.
- Oversees the smooth and effective running and administration of the Finance Function; Accounting, Treasury, Investment Business Performance Monitoring units. Primarily responsible for day-to-day planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial activities of the Business.
- Budget Management - oversees Cash (Treasury) and Asset Management.
- Project / Investment Analysis and Negotiations, Cost Benefit Analysis, Forecasting.
- Business Performance Monitoring - Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short - and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Reporting and Liaison Functions – Oversight of timely generation and reporting of financial reports and liaising with regulatory authorities.
- Set up of Control functions
- Trend Analysis
- Attend various Board and related Sub - Committee Meetings (e.g. Audit / Finance Committees).
- Investigate and recommend cost-effective and other fringe benefits which the Organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- People Development - Coach, train and mentor Finance Unit staff in order to improve their awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
Educational Qualification and Requirements:
- A minimum of a Second Class Lower in B.Sc. in Accounting or any Finance / numerate - related field from a recognized University.
- MSc in Accounting or any related field a plus.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA) and a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAN); or possess professional accounting qualifications from any other recognized professional body (ACCA, CPA).
- Sound understanding of current Industry regulatory and statutory reporting (IFRS) requirements and prevalent corporate governance rules and guidelines, compliance and enterprise risk management; experience in internal audit, corporate finance and company secretarial matters a plus.