Officer DEPARTMENT: Security & Risk Management
REPORTING TO: MD/CEO
JOB SUMMARY: Identify, investigate, resolve and develop processes, procedures and associated documentation relative to security of computer systems, networks and telecommunications along with addressing privacy, confidentiality and standards administration. Serves as a leader for teams investigating and addressing various information security issues.
• Expected to advise management on information security issues, perform security risk assessments, implement information security procedures, manage information security policies and handle information security incidents
• Safeguarding data held by the organization by working with business managers, chief executive officers and information technology (IT) managers
• Observe and monitor the security of websites, applications, computers and databases.
• Document processes, procedures and policies to guide the unit and organisation as a whole
• Manage the development and implementation of global security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, and more. Information protection responsibilities include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness, and more.
• Manage internal communication regarding system updates and provide estimates of budgetary requirements for technical upgrades
• Plan and ensure execution of Security arrangement as required by the management.
• Supervise and control the work of security personnel.
• Assist the management in maintaining law and order.
• Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
• Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
• Work with other executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology.
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE: Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: • CEO
• Business Mangers
• All employees
Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective setting and follow up, performance evaluations, coaching & feedback, developmental plans, hiring, terminations. Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names):
• G. RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
• All round IT skills (LAN, WAN, server and operating system)
• 3 or more of the following Certification MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCNA, CCNP, ITIL, OCA.
• Other technical certification such as: Prince2, PMP • Deep Networking Skills (LAN & WAN)
• IT strategy development, Change Management and Incident/Problem Management experience.
• Strong knowledge in SLAs, System & Software Quality Assurance and Best Practices & Methodologies.
• Visionary, innovative, eyes for details and IT smart individual who must have performed a similar job function in a commercially oriented organization.
• Customer focus
• Vendor management and negotiation skills
• Good public speaking skills for leading group meetings
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated strategic planning skills
• Adaptable to change
• Critical information seeking
Baseline Leadership Competencies
• Developing others and Leadership
• Leveraging and Respecting others • Differentiation through innovation
• Instilling Confidence and Trust • Acting with Integrity Required Experience
• Minimum 7-10 years managing customer services in a multi-office commercial organisation
• More than 4 years post NYSC in similar role, in Information Technology, Microsoft applications and/or physical infrastructure
• B.Sc. Computer Science or Electronic & Electrical Engineering or other Science related course.
• M.Sc. MIS (Management Information System) is an additional advantage
• A higher degree Msc./MIT is an advantage
This position requires the ability to:
• Keep users informed of adverse situations and helping then get workarounds to long running problems is key
• Liaise with multiple users
• Deal with demanding management and customers
• LOCATION – Lagos.
Interested candidates should use the position they are applying for as the title of their email and send to email@example.com on or before 27th of March, 2015.