Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Supervise and Lead in completing the Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Repairs of Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic components of all Topside Drilling Equipment, Related Support Systems and Tubular Handling Equipment , Pedestal Mounted Knuckle Boom Cranes and Heli-deck access crane
- Ensure all Maintenance/In between well maintenance/Repairs carried out, are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
- Inform Mechanical supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
- Using the CMMS, coordinate planning and execution of preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
- Maintain sufficient spares are onboard - together with Mechanics and Mechanical Supervisor - for critical/safety/maintenance/operational systems with a pro-active attitude with regards to upcoming Preventive Maintenance System.
- Maintain workshop equipment/tools to the highest safety standards.
- Perform daily visual inspections of equipment and prevent/rectify actual and potential malfunctions; report potentially dangerous conditions to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Ensure that members of the department have all necessary competencies and skills to perform.