Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
The Chief Medical Officer is the officer of the Board in charge of its Medical
Department and shall report to the Deputy Chairman
He/She must make himself/herself conversant with all the relevant acts, rules and
regulations and government orders that may be in force from time to time and
must see that they are fully observed so far as they relate to the working of
Chief Medical Officer is the overall in charge of the general administration and
discipline of the Medical Department.
He/She is responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of health care to the employees of the Trust and their families.
He/She is responsible for preparing the Budget Estimate and the Revised Budget
Estimate of the Department every year.
He/She is responsible for taking action for procurement of Medical and Surgical
stores every year.
He/She is responsible for preparing plan and non-plan proposals for hospital
buildings and hospital equipments, etc. and submit it to Chairman.
He/She will submit annually an administration report on the working of the
He/She will conduct surprise inspection of the Hospital and Dispensaries
attached to the Department.
He/She will accompany the Deputy Chairman/Chairman on his inspection
He/She will conduct periodical progress and review meetings of the Medical Department.
He/She is responsible for conducting training prog
rammes and recommending/sponsoring officers/employees of the Department for various training programmes.
He/ She is responsible for filling up of vacant posts through recruitment /
promotions to fulfill the requirement of the department in accordance with the
rules and regulations in force.
He/She is responsible for tendering and award of Diet, Laundry and Bio-medical
Waste disposal contracts.
He/She will sanction leave for second level officers
Direct and coordinate the medical management, quality improvement and credentialing functions for the assigned business unit based on, and in support of the strategic plan, establishing the strategic vision and attendant policies and procedures.
- Serves as clinical advisor to and educator of medical management staff making sure correct clinical judgment is applied to all medical management determinations.
- Oversees internal medical review guidelines to ensure clinical integrity and compliance and acts as a resource for staff members throughout the operation.
- Coordinates with other departments, the responses needed to address regulatory accreditation concerns pertaining to medical management issues
- Performs medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, and medical review of complex, controversial, or experimental medical services.
- Facilitates the achievement of the Medical Management Program goals through an effective health services delivery system.
- Responsible for physician review and oversight of all potential adverse determinations including pre-certifications/prior authorizations, concurrent review and appeals/retrospective review.
- Responsible for HEDIS improvement and strategy.
- Actively participates in the auditing process of medical management processes and corrective action team projects for medical management
- Achieves utilization, cost management and quality goals.
- Participates and advises in the development of corporate medical policies for UM, pharmacy, and new technology
Education/Experience: Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy, board certified in a specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialists. Volunteer patient care required. Previous experience as Medical Director is preferred. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
License/Certificates: Board Certification through American Board of Medical Specialists. Current state medical license without restrictions.