Job Vacancy at Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH)
- NGO/Community Services & Dev
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
The Chief of Party (COP) is a full-time position. The COP serves as the chief executive and technical and accounting officer ensuring and assuring overall strategic focus, management effectiveness, and financial probity in the project and overseeing the implementation and evaluation of all activities supported by the project. S/he serves as the primary focal point for communication with USAID Nigeria, other USAID Implementing Partners including state and local government partners.
The key activities include strengthening the capacity of States & Local governments, CSOs and Communities, to increase access of Vulnerable Children and their families to comprehensive quality services and utilization, in a sustainable manner. The COP reports to the President/CEO, ARFH.
1. Lead and oversee the development of strategic planning, work planning, program monitoring, and management and control systems, to ensure informed decision-making and timely implementation of program activities.
2. Ensure that the program delivers quality services to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and program activities are well coordinated with those of other implementing partners.
3. Leads Advocacy to the Public and Private sectors to generate support for Vulnerable Children and their households.
4. Provide technical assistance and support to States and Local governments in the implementation of the OVC Project, to promote ownership and sustainability
5. Institutionalize Quality Improvement Standards in the implementation of the OVC Project.
6. Ensure effective communications and timely reporting of project activities.
7. Manage program budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status, review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis.
8. Ensure full compliance with the USAID Guidelines and Policies.
9. Leverage support from other projects of ARFH (HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, and Reproductive Health Education) to improve the wellbeing of OVC and their Caregivers.
1. A degree in Social sciences, Health, Development Studies or related disciplines. Possession of higher degrees-MPH, Ph.D will be added advantage. Preference will be given to candidates with proven experiences in OVC and HIV/AIDS programming.
2. Minimum of 10 years' experience in managing large OVC programs with significant experience in managing PEPFAR and other donor supported projects for vulnerable children in Nigeria.
3. Excellent communication skills in oral and written English language.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
5. Previous Chief of Party experience will be added advantage.