Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Chief of Party to join a dynamic team for a potential 5-year USAID-funded contract. In close harmonization with key stakeholders, this project aims to build local capacity for the delivery of sustainable, high-quality, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support services. In scaling up effective and high impact interventions and improving efficiency, this project will foster Nigeria’s capacity to effectively control, treat, and prevent HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis co-infections in the general and key populations across all regions of Nigeria.
The Chief of Party leads and manages the project with full accountability and authority for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including vision and technical strategy, project management, documentation and communication, client(s) stakeholder(s) relationships, and coordination and synergy with other MSH projects.
MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 40 country offices and our US headquarters, our staff from more than 70 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- Provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project.
- Serves as the primary project liaison from MSH to the donor and is accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met.
Technical Strategy and Vision:
- Develop (update and adapt as needed) and execute annual work plans per contract/agreement requirements.
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results and deliverables for maximum project impact using a variety of communication strategies and media.
Project and People Management:
- Ensure effective contract/agreement implementation in strict compliance with USAID contract/agreement clauses, policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources.
- Manage and mentor the project team through regular check-ins, annual appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support.
Client and other Stakeholder Relationships:
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
Internal Coordination and Synergy:
- Collaborate with the MSH Country Representative and participate as required in activities organized in the context of MSH Representation in country.
- Ensure harmonious collaboration with and cost-effective use of the Country Operations Management Unit.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a MPH, MBA, master's level degree in a related field, or Medicine.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible, related experience is required.
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases (malaria and TB), MNCH, health system strengthening, and quality improvement/quality assurance.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
- Prior experience and success directing similar or larger international donor-funded projects in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects required.
- Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with the project mission and vision.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with national and sub-national government officials and institutions, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CSOs, and donor organizations.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English required.
Reports To: Project Senior Manager
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status..