Roles & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for overall program management of USP PQM and acts as country representative. Provides leadership, oversight, and support to all aspects of the program including medicines quality control.
- Promotes strong relationships with the USAID Country Mission, the government of Nigeria, and other NGOs.
- Responsible for regular liaison with the USAID in-country mission to keep them abreast of progress on the project implementation.
- Drafts work plans, quarterly financial and narrative reports, as well as annual reports and ensures that key documents are submitted in a timely manner and approved by USAID.
- Coordinates the planning and organization of advisory on in country stakeholder group meetings.
- Participates in developing and disseminating information on activities to publicize program achievements and results with stakeholders and concerned communities.
- Works with regional and country program managers to improve regional and country-level capacity for pharmaceutical quality control.
- Participates in the design and implementation of program policies and procedures as well as systems to ensure that the program will meet its objectives and expected results.
- Makes recommendations to increase effectiveness and efficiency of program interventions.
- Works with program managers to ensure that proper messaging is provided in the field to stakeholders about the need for country ownership and leadership to ensure sustainability of program activities.