AECOM is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation activity in Nigeria that will strengthen the financial and productive ability of water providers in select Nigerian states to operate more sustainability.
- Responsible for overall program management and implementation ensuring application of international best practices consistent with client expectations and abilities
- Ensures program results and outcomes including client satisfaction, timely deliverable submission, assignment completion, and quality assurance and control
- Supervises all field-based program technical staff, consultants, locally-hired support staff, and partners
- Advanced degree in fields related to water resources management, water sanitation and supply management, or other relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience on USAID funded projects; with significant management or oversight roles
- Prior Chief of party or equivalent experience on projects of similar scope and size
- Deep understanding of, and experience working in, the water and sanitation sector, and activities focused on water and sanitation sector strengthening and improvement
- Experience managing complex programs in Africa
- Direct experience in the water and sanitation sector in an African context preferred
- Experience managing USAID-funded projects preferred
- Prior experience working in Nigeria preferred
- Fluency in a second language.