- Provide managerial oversight and overall support for the program throughout the design and implementation, overseeing key personnel, long and short term technical assistance and project support, as well as partner organizations and other sub-grantees involved
- Liaise with USAID/Nigeria, the Federal Ministry of Health, NMCP, sub-grantees and other USG-funded programs
- Provide technical leadership in the design and execution of project strategy and scopes of work
- Direct strategic planning, the development of work plans and results reporting for the project
- Manage team building and planning process of team
- Assist partners with the development and implementation of project elements, including program planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Supervise development and implementation of such support systems as human resource development and implementation,
- Report regularly to USAID Mission to ensure transparency and awareness of project development and implementation, remaining cognizant of problems as they arise
- Coordinate all external technical assistance
- Provide overall leadership to project implementation team
- Represent the project at meetings with funders, MOH officials, roundtables, working, groups, conferences, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in public health in Nigeria, a Nigerian national strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, or another health related field required
- Previous Chief of Party/Project Director experience of equivalent senior management experience preferred
- Strong program management skills including management of large, multi-player projects
- Experience with managing relations at all levels, federal, state, and LGA, as well as other partners e.g. PMI, USAID, Global Fund, WHO, UNICEF. Relevant experience must include malaria
- Experience in workplan development and management of outputs and results, involving all stakeholders under one framework, etc.
- Experience reporting, assisting partners in report, leadership for human resources and building staff capacity, retention, job descriptions, budget tracking, ensuring financial consistence within deliverables, and close relationships with HQ.