REPORTS TO: Managing Director
The COO is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the company.
This role collaborates with the Managing Director to develop corporate and operational strategies, and is charged with facilitating these efforts across Operations. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by objectives, the COO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
He is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of all field staff and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
• Effective teamwork and communication will be critical to the position because the team is expanding to Ghana and the East.
• The role involves working with multiple senior stakeholders in the business and with our partners to achieve strategic goals.
• There is a need to consistently promote an open, engaging and motivating work environment, ensuring that our successful entrepreneurial business culture is maintained.
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive experience of successfully managing operations of a private sector business in collaboration with the federal government or a commercially focused business engaged in international development.
• Experience of coordinating and managing business operations undertaken in emerging markets.
• Extensive Project management experience and qualifications
Also highly desirable will be:
• Good understanding of Parking Management, Logistics, Group Holdings etc
• Exceptional networking skills with key commercial and government sector profiles
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external
• Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company.
• Motivate and lead a high performance team
• Provide direction to the organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the Company.
• Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and all aspects of the company’s market.
• Establish key performance indicators for management of the operations group.
• Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
• Establish training, short and long-term goals for the operations groups.
• Gather and analyze customer tends to assist in developing corporate strategy.
• Represent the Company at various community activities; meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community.
• Developing business growth while securing new and profitable businesses for the company
• Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals (as regards to revenue generation); formulate and implement operational policies and procedures to maximize output.
• Plan the use of human resources; establish operational structures, delegate tasks and accountabilities, establish work schedules.
• Supervise the activities of field staff, monitor and evaluate performance.
• Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance; facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
• Review financial statements and data and revenue collection; utilize financial data to improve profitability; prepare and control operational budgets; control inventory.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Networking/Relationship Building – Develops relationships with key profiles in the private sector, public sector; all arms of government.
• Negotiation – Able to close deals with sound skills in negation and conflict management
• Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a team
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• A degree from a recognized university plus an MBA.
• A Finance major or similar professional qualification, with exceptional leadership and Project management skills
• A highly versatile candidate (local or expatriate) with proven track record in Senior and Executive Management, 8 to 10 years extensive experience covering the areas of Corporate Finance and Investment Management, Change Management and Operational structuring, Strategic Management, Due Diligence and Business Development.