Our client is a large multinational conglomerate with business interests ranging from engineering services to FMCG and healthcare products.
The scope of the job will be:
- Key objective is profitably expanding the pharma branch in its three main segments of private business, agency business and tender business.
- Building a competent, cost effective, efficient and results oriented organization.
- Fully accountable for managing Sales & Marketing, Production, Q&A, Regulations, Operations, Maintenance and HR & Administration.
- Reporting into the Managing Director of the Company.
- Building a competent, empowered, efficient and result driven organization.
- Identifying and executing business development opportunities, especially the growth of
- Company products (own brands, in-house production), Tender business (production for domestic and international tender), Agency business (distribution for international pharma companies)
- Defining and implementing strategic projects, including the expansion of Company Pharma’s production, warehousing and other facilities.
- Ensuring zero defect and efficiency in supply chain, logistics and warehouses processes.
- Co-managing relationships with regulatory & public bodies, including NAFDAC and WHO
- Building and strengthening in-house Production and R & D skills to ensure world class quality development and production of medicines, testing and formulations.
- Implementing suitable HR strategy, recruiting, performance management and people development.
- Keeping track of regional and global trends of Pharmaceutical Industry in terms of demands, new products/medicines, technological advancements, processes, pricing, etc.
- Handling all administrative activities of the company and liaising with group functions/ group management
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems across all parts of business.
- Regular reporting and performance tracking in close cooperation with CFO.
- Master of Business Administration combined with B Pharma/M Pharma degree.
- Ph D in Pharmaceutical Sciences is an additional preference.
- Extensive knowledge of the Pharma industry in the emerging markets.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Pharma operations, thereof minimum 5 in management roles in reputed institutions
- Extensive experience in managing all important aspects across Sales & Marketing, Production, Q&A, Regulations, Operations, Maintenance and HR & Administration.
- Proven leadership skills, having successfully managed significant business units.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills and written proficiency in English.
- Excellent command of the relevant IT tools/ programs and professional standards.