- The role provides leadership and direction for all business operations in order to facilitate the achievement of established financial and business targets.
- Develops and communicates an appropriate vision and long-term strategy for the Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
- Develops and implements strategic operating plans and budgets for each of the Group’s subsidiaries and central functions based on the long-term strategies and priorities of the Group.
- Puts adequate systems and controls in place to ensure proper and satisfactory monitoring of the Group’s performance against plans and budgets.
- Drives the Group’s operations and performance to meet financial, business and risk management objectives as well as compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and directs SBU leadership to enable them deliver on their individual programmes, achieve set targets and improve overall performance.
- Manages the implementation of partnership/service level agreements and ensure that the Group does not incur losses from such relationships.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring effective adherence to the organisation’s Health & Safety policies across all Units.
- Provides a strategic link between the Vice-Chairman and senior management team on all operational issues of the company.
- Facilitates resolution of high-priority issues between departments.
- Acts as the organisation’s ambassador and spokesman in matters involving external stakeholders.
- Reports regularly to the MD on the achievement of strategic objectives, market performance of products, organisational development plans and overall business performance.