Duties and responsibilities
- Take a leadership role in the organization and coordination of the ADF replenishment and mid-term review processes, including the management of relationships with ADF Deputies, as well as contributing to discussions, papers, presentations on the ADF’s financial and related issues (e.g., the long-term financial sustainability and capacity of the ADF, alternative sources of funding, innovative instruments, etc.);
- Take a leadership role and/or contribute to the monitoring and reporting on the utilization of the different ADF resource envelopes, in collaboration with the other relevant departments;
- Take a leadership role in working with other units in the Bank to maintain and regularly updating of the Bank’s HIPC and MDRI dossiers and related debt issues as well as arrears; leading the drafting support of periodic reports on RMCs’ sovereign debts, debt sustainability, and debt management, including those in response to requests from management, MDBs or donors.
- Lead and/or contribute to the development of strategic options for positioning the Bank Group in the global aid architecture, mobilizing and deploying its resources, by contributing to the planning, conceptualization, elaboration and presentation of the Bank Group key resource mobilization and negotiation documents;
- Play a key role in coordinating resource mobilization through co-financing, trust funds, special initiatives and any other innovative partnership mechanisms; while also promoting the utilization of mobilized resources by user Departments, monitoring their disbursement, and preparing progress reports/financial reports to the respective Donors;
- Contribute and/or participate in the organization of regular internal and external outreach events for the benefit of staff, clients and other stakeholders, to explain the activities of the different funds and key drivers of the allocation system;
- Organize business development and strategic initiatives consultations and meetings with key sovereign partners; and effectively monitor the implementation progress of any existing or new partnership agreements formalized with those partners;
- Organize high-level partnerships events and forums, including the annual AfDB Partnership Forum, involving the Board Members, Senior Management and traditional and emerging partners globally;
- Provide internal stakeholders with regular information and analysis of development partner funding priorities to strengthen opportunities for target fundraising and facilitate the coordination and collaboration between Bank Group business units ;
- Help organize and lead key Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) meetings and working groups of important donors and international meetings, as required;
- Contribute to the effective collaboration with other departments and complexes; and
- Help mentor junior team members.