Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the head of the organizational unit and working closely with internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent’s role is:
- Assume responsibility for including the Human development aspects of projects and programs in all phases of the project cycle (from identification to completion) by participating in all missions;
- Ensure the definition of the socio-economic indicators of projects and programs, identifying mechanisms for monitoring their implementation;
- Participate in the formulation, preparation, appraisal, negotiations, follow-up, launching, supervision and post-evaluation missions and review processes for small to large scale projects;
- Evaluate the RMCs’ social and poverty reduction policies and strategies; resource allocations and recommend actions and projects for optimal contribution to developmental objectives;
- Review project documents prepared in the Division and provide advice regarding the socio-economic analysis.
- Recruit and supervise the work of consultants on various Bank related operation missions and assignments;
- Play a key role in following up of the progress of approved projects and ensure their execution in accordance with the terms of the financing agreement;
- Leading People: Serves as a role model, leading by example, builds alignment and commitment. Is courageous in challenging others to move the Bank forward.
- Coordinate, as Task Manager, with RMCs officials on operational matters;
- Develop partnerships with other multilateral and/or bilateral development institutions on socio-economic aspects and collaborating with experts from these institutions during field missions;
- Represent the Bank in international meetings and participating in dialogue on the development of strategies to combat poverty and promote inclusive growth;
- Liaise with other multilateral and bilateral institutions (such as: WORLD BANK, UNESCO,UNICEF and regional institutions - OAU, ECA, ECOWAS, etc) in the context of the Bank’s operations relating to socio-economic issues;
- Represent the Bank at seminars and conferences related to poverty and social sector activities.
- Review technical documents from other operational departments and other financing agencies;
- Participate in co-financiers meetings, seminars and conference within and outside the Bank.