Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the technical vision and leading all aspects of the Company’s technology development in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all technology services and software architecture activities. An intrinsic part of this will be to develop policies and procedures for the Information Technology Department, ensuring that they are consistent with the Company’s objectives
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate the development of on-demand and custom software to take advantage of opportunities in the market place,
- Set strategic and operational targets in line with the corporate objectives and cascade these strategies to the software team in order to optimise Company resources.
- Ensure efficient operation and maintenance of the Company’s integrated software and other enterprise wide applications.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and maintenance of IT Infrastructure and services, in accordance with company procedures and work instructions in order to achieve efficiency and continuity of the business process.
- Ensure that adequate security and technical support systems are put in place to safeguard the ICT infrastructure and company data.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering from a reputable institution. A master’s degree and/or MBA will be an advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ cognate experience, with at least three (3) years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Sound knowledge of industry trends, events, issues and developments to enable the development and implementation of appropriate IT control measures and monitoring mechanisms.
- Strong attention to details.
Remuneration package is highly competitive and attractive.