Reference Number: 130-PEO00686
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The role will be responsible for the provision of professional high quality IT solutions in areas including Systems Development and Implementation, IT Support Services, IT Operational planning, Business Continuity, Strategic IT Planning, amongst others.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the availability of IT Infrastructure to support effective service delivery across all functions within the company
- Develop and implement company-wide information security measures
- Direct and oversee usability tests on new software applications
- Plan, implement and control projects related to the selection, acquisition, development, installation and maintenance of major information systems
- Develop the IT strategy, plans, policies and procedures in line with the Corporate strategy
- Develop IT contracting and procurement strategies based on company approved procedures.
- Develop and ensure implementation of IT policies and procedures
IT Operational planning and Business continuity:
- Negotiate and drive the enforcement of Service Level Agreements with contractors to ensure continuous delivery of IT services
- Direct the development and possible implementation of policies in instances of a breach, also known as disaster recovery plans
- Develop and implement company-wide information security procedures and evaluating business risks associated with critical IT operations
- Identify and exploit technological innovations and opportunities that assist in achieving organisational objectives
- Review software documentation to ensure they are up to date, accurate and sufficiently descriptive
- Review the performance of applications to ensure their capacity to support changing business demands
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Manage the performance of and provides career development support to all Information Technology staff
- The role requires sound grasps of System and operations analysis, IT Service management, IT security, IT Infrastructure and applications, System design and integration, Data Centre management, Business Analysis, and IT Strategy & Planning.
- The ideal person must have good analytical, problem solving and leadership skills. Ability to work under pressure, good communication skills, diligence, integrity, innovation, attention to detail, and an inquiring capacity are essentials skills for the role
Education and Experience
- Minimum of First degree in Computer Science, and/or a related discipline
- MBA or Masters in related discipline is desirable
- Relevant and recognised professional certification such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) is required
- Minimum of Eight (8) years relevant work experience of which 3 years must have been spent in a Management Position within the Insurance/Financial Services Sector.