Vacancy number: VN-NG R-08-2016
Level: National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Purpose of the Post
The incumbent of this post will manage the social norms components of the child protection programme, with a specific focus on FGM/C abandonment preventing and responding to violence against children and ending child marriage, complementing policy and legal reform and the child protection systems strengthening interventions.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Advanced university degree, preferably in the Social Sciences, Law or other relevant field.
- Five years of professional work experience at national or international levels in child protection,
- Advanced technical knowledge of theories, principles and methods for social norms change especially in the field of child protection, with a focus on ending violence against children, FGM/C and/or child marriage
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring social norms change progammes
- Experience of working with community leaders, communities and religious leaders to effect social norms change is desirable
- Gender and diversity awareness Fluency in English
- Good written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.