Investment Analytics and Consulting (IAC) is a Product group within JPMorgan Worldwide Securities Services, providing value-add products to institutional clients such as fund managers and superannuation funds. IAC has 42 clients and is responsible for providing an objective overview and in-depth analysis of portfolio performance. This is achieved through the delivery of various analytical products to clients such as performance measurement, attribution analysis, risk analysis and Trustee Board reporting. The key aim of IAC is to provide to clients with portfolio optimization solutions that drive enhanced investment decisions.
As part of the team you will be specifically responsible for:
- the timely and accurate delivery of analytical reports including attribution analysis to fund manager and master custody clients either directly or through a team of analysts.
- maintaining high standards of attention to detail by checking and verifying reports prepared by Performance Analysts prior to delivery to the client.
- be pro-active in ensuring performance reports remain relevant to the client’s information needs.
- use your investment and performance knowledge to provide direction, guidance and training to the Performance Analysts.
- take a lead role in communication with clients, fund managers, asset consultants and other stakeholders so that client service is always of a high standard and
- contribute to the maintenance of high standards of communication and professionalism across the Performance team.
This role will also provide you with the opportunity to develop and apply your project management skills to implement process and analytical improvements according to agreed timelines.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
-The timely and accurate delivery of analytical reports to fund manager and master custody clients either directly or through a team of analysts.
-Maintaining high standards of attention to detail by checking and verifying analysis produced by the Performance Analysts prior to delivery to clients.
-Effective management of client relationships, with the express aim of ensuring an ongoing high level of client service. This high level of client service would be characterised by meeting Service Level Agreement requirements with respect to deadlines, accurate reporting, prompt response to client queries and pro-active client dealings
-Providing guidance and technical support in the training and development of Performance Analysts
-Taking a lead role in projects related to the implementation of enhanced processes and/or analysis. The immediate focus will be on the migration of clients to the in-house developed performance analysis software. These projects are to be completed according to schedule.
-Providing accurate responses to performance related queries both from other areas within Worldwide Securities Services and from clients within agreed timeframes.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A very sound understanding of the superannuation and funds management industries within Australian and NZ
- At least 5 years experience in the financial services industry including at least 3 years experience as a Performance Analyst or
similar quantitative role
- High level of proficiency in the MS Office suite of applications
- Proven proficiency in using investment performance software
- Detailed understanding of performance measurement and investment theory and practice
- Broad experience in working to deadlines and ensuring quality of output
- Proven ability to coach and support junior staff
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills including in-depth knowledge of financial mathematics
- Experience with using the SPA-D Performance and Attribution software is preferred but not essential.
- Degree level qualification in Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance or similar discipline
- Current progress towards completion of a relevant postgraduate qualification such as Finsia Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, Masters degree or CFA Charter.
- Strong understanding of performance measurement and investment methodology from both a practical and theoretical perspective
- In-depth knowledge of securities markets and current issues and trends affecting them
- An ability to be adaptable, innovative and creative in obtaining preferred outcomes for the department
- Proven ability to produce high quality analysis by paying close attention to detail
- Client service focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to contribute to team success through the application of sound coaching skills
- Sound time management skills through the adoption of an organised approach to workflow management
- Able to demonstrate logical decision making
- Self motivated and able to clearly demonstrate initiative in current and prior roles
- A proven ability in the application of sound judgement to anticipate problems and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to develop strategic working relationships with clients and staff within other JPMorgan business units