The Pricing Hub provides operational support to the Fund Administration departments in EMEA, ASIAPAC and NA regions by ensuring that key pricing services necessary to complete NAV calculations are completed efficiently, within specific time frames and in a controlled environment to minimize risk. The department covers 24X7 and may vary depending on business needs. Specific functions carried out within the Group include.
· Daily Price review, analysis and validation of all investment assets held within the Investment Funds
· Analysis of Financial Market information and index movement as related to price movements
· Review and monitoring of Foreign Exchange information on an Intra-day basis
· Pricing Vendor management across globe.
The department works closely with the full service teams, Technology and Business Support and Development groups, Risk Management, External Service Providers and external clients.
· Ensure the timely delivery and the quality maintenance.
· Constant review of existing process and procedures to identify the area of weakness and enhancements to increase the efficiency and controls.
· Interaction with Service groups, IT dept.'s, Business Support, Pricing Vendors, etc.
· Involvement in local and global projects
Specifically, this role has the following responsibilities:
· Control the production to ensure timely delivery and maintenance of quality
· Monitor key tasks closely and ensure that they are performed on time. e.g. stale price report, monthly tasks.
· Internal escalation of all risk factors and potential issues are communicated to seniors and escalated to Dept. manager. on a timely basis. e.g. delivery, quality, service, relationship, staff issues.
· Focus on intraday and close of business clients
· In depth understanding of procedure and operational background
· Continuous review of existing process to identify the area of development
· Continuous review of procedure to maintain adequate controls.
· Maintenance and management of MIS.
· Ability to cover an extended hours operation as required.
· Participate in the various Process Improvement Initiatives driven by GPO
· Close interaction with pricing analysts and direct support to the Pricing Group Manager
· Working in time critical environment with multiple intra-day deadlines
· Demonstrate good judgment in asset pricing scenarios
· Close interaction with Service groups and ensure the level of the service are maintained
· Identify training needs.
· Take the initiative for creative enhancements solution within the group
· Effective partner to Fund Accounting.
· Risk and control focus
· Working knowledge of Information Providers and Pricing Vendors services and products e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, FTI
· Knowledge of all aspect of processing and accounting on all Investment Funds is to be developed
· Understanding of the operation of Financial Markets with specific emphasis on the characteristics of all investment instruments types, securities and assets from a Pricing perspective
· Ability to work under pressure and in line with short delivery deadlines, while maintaining good relationships with staff, clients and other Business areas
· Good communication skills
· Knowledge of MS Excel and Access is a strong requirement, but generally the incumbent must be PC literate with a very good understanding of the MS Windows environment
· The incumbent must be able to work to the standard set out in the local Standard Operating Procedures and J.P. Morgan Corporate Policies.
· Knowledge of Mutual Funds
· Good understanding of other operation within the bank i.e. Fund administration, Custody, Shareholder service, etc.
· Fair Understanding of various Pricing Vendors e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, FTID product, Telekurs,etc would be preferred.
· In depth understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint