Job Description Client Technology Services (CTS) delivers measurable business value by providing core desktop technology solutions that meet business demand while realizing cost efficiencies. CTS works with our Line of Business partners to develop standardized, resilient operating environments and implement a global technology strategy for the firm's 183,000 workstations and 40,000+ remote access users. Summary of responsibilities will include but are not limited to :- To monitor the infrastructure and identify existing and potential problems, determine root cause and appropriate corrective actions and escalate when appropriate. Utilize corporate systems and procedures for incident management, problem management, service request management capacity management and change management. Execute daily support functions and processes along with predetermined tasks and activities. Plan and execute regular DR tests as required by the business, perform regular maintenance, upgrades to the infrastructure to ensure a stable operational environment. Execute changes as required in order provide additional services as required by the business. Perform all tasks with minimal supervision. Support is provided as part of a continuous global operations model. Hours of coverage will vary in order to provide 24 x 5 coverage across all regions. Some on call coverage will also be expected on a roster basis.
Specific Responsibilities include: Health Checks Â· Performs global health checks for Citrix Global Infrastructure working with regional operations teams on restarts and trouble shooting. Escalates repeat failures. Â· Resolves issues identified confirming remediation actions to take and completing these before start of day. Escalates repeat failures. Â· Infrastructure Monitoring Â· Monitors Citrix management consoles and application management consoles allocating and performing corrective action with escalation on any repeat alerts. Works with engineering and vendors gathering relevant logs and data to be able to troubleshoot and correct issues . Â· Risk reporting/monitoring. Â· Monitors the Vulnerability database for server non-compliance or acts upon requests from Vulnerability Mgt team . Follow up non compliant servers with the teams responsible for Patching /Antivirus etc). Â· Maintenance Â· Performs regular monthly housekeeping/maintenance activities on the server infrastructure as determined by operations and engineering teams Ensures that all maintenance is performed within the agreed maintenance windows for the region concerned, that all change requests are raised and approved and the results of the maintenance work is published. Capacity Management Â· Reviews capacity breeches in conquest and develops/executes action plans to bring capacity back within thresholds. Security/Risk Management Â· Monitors systems for gaps in risk policies. Works with appropriate support teams to correct breaches. Escalates any compliance exceptions to the appropriate teams. Incident and Problem Management Â· Performs initial triage on incident ticket queues, responds to tickets with known error/resolutions. Ensures all problem tickets are responded to and resolved within current service level timeframes. Â· Monitors open tickets and ensures these have regular updates. Escalates to engineering/vendors as appropriate. Service Requests Â· Monitors service request queues, Plans and completes the change as detailed in the request ensuring that all change processes are followed and service levels met. Service Improvements Â· Implements strategic service improvements planning and leading the initiatives and improvements to completion.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent education/work experience
· 3-5 years solid background and working knowledge on the following technologies:
Citrtix Presentation 4.x, XenApp 5.x, 6.x and XenDesktop version as well.
Windows 2k3, 2k8 both latest and previous versions as well.
Citrix Netscaler and Access Gateway - Intermediate skills for support and administration.
· Design Architecture and Engineering for Citrix:
Ã‚Â§ Experience in designing, deploying and supporting large-scale Citrix environments using, XenApp, Presentation Server, and XenDesktop
Ã‚Â§ Experience in implementing Citrix performance optimization, scalability, security, high-availability, monitoring, printing, connectivity, group policy
Ã‚Â§ Familiarity with PowerShell, or any other form of scripting and automation.
Ã‚Â§ Ability to understand and has a working knowledge of both XenApp and XenDesktop architecture and best practices.
· Distributed computing operations experience working in a large-scale, complex, global environment
· Experience of financial services industry would be a distinct advantage
· Strong understanding of computer operations and data center procedures,
· Understanding of ITIL methodologies an advantage
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Ability to actively listen and clearly communicate with other teams globally.
· Able to clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
· Broad technical skills in Microsoft Server W2Kn, Citrix Presentation Server 6.5, Citrix Netscaler Access Gateways and associated toolsets
· Capable of planning and delivering small intra team programs and leading small to medium projects
· Ability to run deliver small projects
· Experience of scripting tools to allow automation of key operational functions a definite plus
· Qualified to Citrix Certified advanced administrator level.
· Strong Problem management and troubleshooting skills
· Self motivated
· Flexible and adaptable to change
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks