Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Civil engineers design, plan and oversee construction projects such as railways and roads. Civil engineers create, improve and protect the environment in which we live. They plan, design and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities, such as roads, railways, airports, bridges, harbours, dams, irrigation projects, power plants, water and sewerage systems. They also design and build tall buildings and large structures that they can last for hundreds of years and withstand all weather conditions.
Civil engineers can either be consulting engineers who advise on projects and design them, or contracting engineers who turn their plans into reality and maintain the structures once they are built. Typical civil engineering work activities include:
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- using a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs
- undertaking complex and repetitive calculations
- liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- resolving design and development problems
- managing budgets and project resources
- scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- making sure the project complies with legal requirements
- assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
Interested candidates must have a minimum of OND in Civil Engineering from a reputable higher institution, must be smart, intelligent and out spoken.