Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
As an incorporated engineer, you would specialise in the day-to-day management of engineering operations. At chartered level, you would have a more strategic role, planning, researching and developing new ideas, and streamlining management methods.
- Discussing requirements with the client and other professionals (e.g architects);
- Analysing survey, mapping and materials-testing data with computer modelling software
- Drawing up blueprints, using computer aided design (cad) packages;
- Judging whether projects are workable by assessing materials, costs and time requirements;
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to projects;
- Preparing bids for tenders, and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning bodies;
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project;
- Making sure sites meet legal guidelines, and health and safety requirements.
As a civil engineer, you will plan, design and manage construction projects. These can range from the relatively small-scale, for example structural project of a building. So as a civil engineer you could be employed in any sector from structural, transportation, environmental to maritime and geotechnical.
- HND, B.Sc. degree or any relevant discipline;
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Sound organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Able to work independently;
- Aptitude for working with computers;
- Neat personal appearance;
- Able to act with tact and discretion.
Applicants must be lagos residents