To successfully secure this opportunity, the candidate must have
- BS/MA in Building or Construction, Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field
- Professional membership e.g. COREN, NSE will be an added advantage
- Licence of professional engineer desired.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ post- qualification with proven work experience as a civil engineer with a reputable company in the construction industry.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio and Project)
You are expected to help the organization to plan, design and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
- Using a range of computer packages to create and develop detailed designs for managing and maintaining small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Handle over the resulting structures and services for use
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required