Education, Experience & Qualifications:
• Graduation from a five – year college or university with a degree in civil engineering, or closely related field and a minimum of five years specific experience in engineering, construction management of pre-engineered building structures using steel or similar metal elements as predominant material in the construction, or in a closely related field of building structures which uses pre-engineered components and steel as predominant material. Out of these, at least three year responsibility as a site in-charge of at least a similar size/value project; with work experience on the entire life-cycle of the project.
• In coordination with other company departments, arranges to procure approvals for drawings and construction, including inspections, from various sections of local municipality, public works department, Etisalat, Water & Electricity Authorities, Civil Defense at the commencement stage and if required at subsequent intermittent stages of the project and at project completion/ commissioning/ handover.
• Prepares a comprehensive schedule using accepted tools, of jobs, activities, tasks and requirements at various stages of the project and conveys to relevant departments. Ensures that the construction work carried out, achieves the stages within reasonable time as set forth in the approved construction plan of the project.
• Provides expert advice on engineering drawings, material and equipment selection, cost estimates, cost benefits etc. when variations are proposed and guides in its suitable implementation. Ensures that the Variation Orders are approved by concerned entities prior to commencing execution.
• CMW related projects from current / previous company is an additional edge.