Education, Experience & Qualifications:
• Graduation from a five – year college or university with a degree in civil engineering, or closely related field and a minimum of two years specific experience in engineering, construction management of pre-engineered building structures using steel or similar metal elements as predominant material in the construction, or in a closely related field of building structures which uses pre-engineered components and steel as predominant material.
• Arranges, assists and compiles the preparation of engineering plans and specifications, bidding documents, requests for proposals, cost estimates and contract documents. Evaluates the competence of contractors and vendors and establishes selection criteria for job contracts. Reviews proposals, bid packages and bid submittals to assure compliance with the required specifications, laws and applicable regulatory standards.
• Controls and supervises through all phases of development to construction completion and project close-out. Provides instruction and demonstrates work to supervised levels and helps resolve problems. Provides leadership direction and motivation to the project team. Facilitates communication between project team and other internal and external entities. Ensures adherence to schedule, budget, productivity rates and established financial controls.
• Prepares and presents regular progress reports to the Project Engineer. Arranges for information, reports, documents and clarification sought by the Project team and/or the Client, Consultant, Main Contractor, Regulatory Authorities
• GCC Experience is highly required.