The Ground Engineering Team in Dubai comprises engineers and technicians possessing a range of skills within the fields of civil-structural, geotechnical engineering and engineering geology. The team undertakes designs of a variety of structures including underground metro stations, cut and cover tunnels, bored and mined tunnels and shafts, foundations and earth-retaining structures.
We are currently looking for a CAD Technician with a minimum of 5 years experience in the production of detailed design drawings including reinforcement detailing.
Undertake drawing production covering, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Competence in AutoCad, and Revit 3D drafting
- Structural arrangement drawings
- Reinforced concrete reinforcement drawings
- Geotechnical longitudinal profile drawings
- Assist in operating Electronic Document Management System
- Coordinate and communicate with peers from MEP and architectural departments
- 5+ years experience of civil engineering experience in civil engineering structures including rail, particularly metro projects
- Working for contractor experience is desirable.
- Experience of working on a Design and Built contracts
- Interested in developing innovative yet practical designs that aid speedy construction and value engineering.
- Good knowledge of superstructure and substructure design, including foundations and retaining structures.
- Good knowledge of underground structures design (station boxes, tunnels and shafts, etc)
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering
- Knowledge on Health & Safety and Environmental issues as they apply to the railway industry.
- Basic understanding of the multidisciplinary interface in relation with the railway civil works, MEP & architectural fit outs.
Rewards & Benefits
Atkins competitive core benefits package incudes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin