Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Responsible for reviewing claims after they are submitted to ensure proper guidelines and processes have been followed. Assists adjusters with complicated claims.
1) Enter claim payments, reserves and new claims on computer system, inputting concise yet sufficient file documentation.
2) Resolve complex, severe exposure claims, using high service oriented file handling.
3) Maintain claim files, such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis.
4) Verify and analyze data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to company practices and procedures.
5) Examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
6) Present cases and participate in their discussion at claim committee meetings.
7) Contact and/or interview claimants, doctors, medical specialists, or employers to get additional information.
8) Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation.
9) Report overpayments, underpayments, and other irregularities.
10) Communicate with reinsurance brokers to obtain information necessary for processing claims.
11) Supervise claims adjusters to ensure that adjusters have followed proper methods.
12) Conduct detailed bill reviews to implement sound litigation management and expense control.
13) Prepare reports to be submitted to company's data processing department.
14) Investigate, evaluate and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
15) Pay and process claims within designated authority level.
16) Adjust reserves and provide reserve recommendations to ensure reserving activities consistent with corporate policies.
QUALIFICATION: All interested applicant must possess a minimum of OND,HND or BSC. Other qualifications are added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION: All interested applicants should forward their CV to email@example.com
For Lagos residents only.