- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children’s learning
- To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver the National Curriculum ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- Complete diaries, log book and anecdotal recordings
- Log in homework books.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s education – academic, social and emotional.
- Have a B.ED or BA/B.Sc with a P.GCE, Montessori Dip
- Minimum of 4 years Post qualification experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to prepare and plan effectively.
- Good organizationaland communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and management time effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team.