Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
To enthuse the pupils about the subject that you teach and contribute towards their enjoyment of learning.
To be responsible for the maintenance and development of the standards achieved in Education.
Manage pupil learning through the effective teaching of the department’s schemes of work and policies.
Ensure continuity and progression in pupil’s learning by pitching work at the right level and delivering appropriate levels of challenge.
Use a variety of teaching and learning strategies in order to match curricular objectives and meet the needs of all pupils.
Set homework regularly, according to the school’s Homework policy to consolidate and extend pupil’s learning and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning.
Through prior discussion and joint planning work with the schools coordinators.
Use positive management of behaviour to create an environment of mutual respect which allows pupils to feel safe and promotes their self esteem and learning.
Be responsible for the assessment, recording and reporting for the pupils you teach.
Mark pupil’s work according to departmental and school policies.
Contribute towards the implementation of Individual Education Plans for pupils.
Assess pupil’s work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular objectives.
Set challenging targets for all pupils and ensure that pupils have a clear understanding of how to improve their work.
Prepare informative and accurate reports to parents in line with the school’s reporting policy.
Keep an accurate register of pupils for each lesson. Report unexplained absence and patterns of absence according to the school’s policy.
- Must possess at least BSc in Education in relevant field of study
- Must have worked in a school before
- To have an up to date and thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum programme of Study, level descriptors and exam board specifications.
- Keep up to date with research and development in pedagogy and the subject area.
- To be a role model to pupils through professional conduct and personal presentation.
- Arrive at class, on or before the start of the lesson and begin and end lessons on time.