Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Teaching/classroom assistants help and support qualified teachers in the classroom with pupils up to the age of 18.
Key responsibilities of the job include:
- providing support to children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual, class or small group basis
- giving extra help to children with special needs or those for whom English is not their first language
- helping develop programmes of learning activities and to adapt appropriate materials
- motivating and encouraging pupils
- assisting with marking and correcting work
- attending meetings and reviews
- helping with school events, trips and activities
The role played by teaching assistants within schools can be vital in helping children gain basic literacy and numeric skills, particularly at key stage one
Interested applicants should have a minimum of HND,BSc and any other qualification will be an added advantage.