Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Clinical biochemists are responsible for testing patient samples and interpreting the results for medical staff. Clinical biochemists work as part of a health/medical team that is responsible for investigating and diagnosing patient illnesses.
Clinical biochemists spend most of their time in the laboratory analyzing specimens of blood, tissues or urine via computer-aided and automated testing procedures.
• Designing experiments to test theories about how chemicals function in the body
• Investigating abnormal biochemical conditions
• Analyzing chemicals in the body, using appropriate techniques such as gel electrophoresis and amino acid assay.
• Working closely with other scientists including chemists, pharmacologists and toxicologists
• Keeping up to date with scientific literature connected with their work
• Writing reports of findings.
Applicants should have a minimum of BA, BSc, PHD in any related field of study. More other qualification in any field of studies is an added advantange.