You will be required to ensure complex medical information is accurately recorded, up to date and coded using prescribed UK industry standard read codes to enable robust patient management and clinic audits.
You will also be required to enable proactive management of patients with chronic diseases by developing and maintaining an efficient register that captures comprehensive patient information with appropriate recall dates for review.
- Perform a comprehensive review of all medical records and reports received to ensure all component parts are completed and accurate.
- Escalate to the appropriate manager or doctor if there is any missing or incorrect data or information.
- Accurately code all relevant and documented diagnoses with relevant UK standard read code within the patient Electronic Patient Record (EPR) to ensure clinical audit compliance and robust patient management.
- A level or equivalent
- Qualification in clinical coding is desirable (e.g. Certified Coding Associate, Certified Professional Coder, or other recognised equivalents
- 4 years experience in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of clinical coding.
- Ability to interpret complex information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.