Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Dietitians and nutritionists are experts in food and nutrition. They advise people on what to eat in order to lead a healthy lifestyle or achieve a specific health-related goal.
- Creating, delivering and evaluating a range of practical and educational food-based initiatives to encourage healthy lifestyle changes;
- Supporting individuals, communities and workforces, to make positive, practical changes to their food choices and general health
- Delivering presentations and workshops on areas such as health education/promotion, behavioural and lifestyle change, weight management and eating for performance;
- Providing nutritional information for food production and helping to secure approval for health claims on packaging;
- Providing specialist advice on healthy eating to particular client groups, such as maternal, infant or elderly, and working in specific areas like bone health and salt or sugar reduction;
- Liaising with media, e.g. journalists, radio, television and contributing to news reports and relevant programmes;
- Writing reports and publishing papers;
- Conducting dietary surveys, food research and clinical trials.
HND in Nutrition and Dietetics, and other related field of study.