More information about this job
The objective of the Clinical Care Specialist position is to manage the LMS-ACT State continuum of Clinical care Program (Basic palliative care [BPC] including the management of opportunistic infections and prophylaxis for adults and children; pediatric ART; adult ART; Management of TB/HIV Co-infection; and PMTCT programs in a manner that strengthens state and local government systems and technical capacity for sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
- Together with LMS Pro-ACT headquarter and State staff, spearhead the effective and efficient implementation of the said services in State.
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State LMS-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
- Take lead in the establishment of comprehensive HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment services in the state
- Take lead in building the capacity of health workers (didactic, mentoring etc) in all the technical areas so they are able to provide the said clinical HIV/AIDS services.
- Liaise with the State Logistics Specialist to monitor ARV and OI drug stocks in the State and ensure timely procurement and distribution.
- Liaise with the M&E Specialist to ensure programmatic components of the M&E system are functionalized. (clarity of indicators, PMM and other tools to HF staff, data quality audits, reporting etc)
- Identify and flag human resource needs including technical assistance/consultants
- Manage the roll-out of the project clinical quality assurance program in the state ensuring SOPs and job aids are available at points of use and quality audits are conducted periodically
- Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment of a state technical and administrative supervisory system for all implementing partners.
- Participate in activities to extend/expand the LMS-ACT project to other health facilities, communities and States.
- Represent MSH LMS-ACT project at the state level on matters of CC&T.
- Network with other State Government, CSO and community partners in the State to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Post graduate degree in Medicine or Public Health.
- Significant program experience in Reproductive and Child health, HIV/AIDS Programs, IMCI, and health systems strengthening in resource poor settings in Nigeria
- Clinical experience in managing HIV/AIDS clients in Nigeria.
- Experience managing, supervising and teaching medical and nursing staff.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred, particularly those related to Voluntary Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, and care and treatment desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
The Prevention Organizational Systems AIDS Care and Treatment Project (Pro-ACT) is a USAID-funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The goal of the project is to build the capacity of Nigeria’s public/private institutions and communities to strengthen sustainable systems for HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery.