Establish and grow relationships with key decision-makers, and influencers within customer base
• Maintain consistent communications with existing customers regularly in order to ensure customer satisfaction, and primarily in a manner preferred by the customer.
o It is required to meet with contacts in person in addition to correspondence via telephone, email, internal tickets, and/or online chat.
• Deliver the SoftLayer corporate overview and presentations
• Successfully position the benefits of Cloud Services porftolio and SoftLayer’s unique platform
• Engage customer base in dialogues related to infrastructure growth, including their planned and potential needs
• Coordinate efforts between various IBM teams in a collaborative manner to help achieve an optimal customer experience
• Collaborate with the sales team and solution engineers to design customer-tailored solutions.
• Participate in sales meetings and training sessions
• Gather and provide information to both customer contacts as well other sales team members.
o Help increase awareness of new and existing products and services.
• Illustrate how the application of additional SL products / services can be strategically utilized and implemented to meet their current and future requirements
• Participate in the development of new service ideas and sales strategies as needed
• Provide documentation for options/ strategies that are adopted into the customer’s solution vs. those that are not
o Include further documentation for the reasons why that lead to their decision.
• Prepare sales quotes, negotiate offers, and process sales orders
• Assist sales support teams with ensuring successful deployment and utilization of infrastructure
• Ensure resolution on any/all outstanding issues and opportunities – see to the end
• Identify structural risks in existing customer infrastructure, mitigating potential issues with product and services-based solutions
• Monitor for any and all tickets on the account and escalate appropriately.
• Provide immediate follow-up with customer after any difficult issues arise, ensuring customer satisfaction with outcome
• Coordinate internal SL resources as needed for more in depth explanation or assistance from varying departments.
• Provide information to other IBM resources associated with the account when requested.
• Prevent negative customer churn and cancellation with proactive engagement in support and billing-related issues
- Master's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Sales Cloud
- English: Fluent