Vacancy No: VN-NGR-74-2015
Adamawa, Kebbi & Sokoto
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 11 months
Purpose of the Post
- Under the nutrition specialist the consultant is to provide technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and Community Infant and Young Child Feeding (c-IVCF) activities at the state, LGA and community levels including supporting rapid nutrition (SMART) surveys and Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH)week activities.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- University degree in Nutrition or Public Health or Nursing or Biochemistry or related technical areas, and at least minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in management of acute malnutrition/CMAM program, basic nutrition programming, track records.
- Exposure to Implement monitor and supervise SAM (severe acute malnutrition) and c-IYCF programmes.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation in general.
- Proficiency in written and oral English language, good communication and networking skills, as well as familiarity with working its a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work in the field with partners for majority of contract.
- In-depth understanding of malnutrition and household food security from nutrition/public health point of view.
- Demonstrated skills with statistics analysis software related to data management.
- Ability to understand and speak local language will bears advantage.