To be a team player in the corrosion protection treatment process of Fabricated Structural Steel Structures and Associated items.
Key aims and objectives
- To apply your work skills in a manner which enables the Coating Department to deliver defect free product, which conforms to customer supplied specifications and Project working procedures.
- To assist the department in achieving this objective at the first attempt, within the time allowed and at each subsequent attempt.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- The following will be expected of you while you are in the employ of Nigerdock PLC FZE
- To take responsibility for the satisfactory execution of all work instructions issued to the workers in your team.
- To issue these instructions clearly and to ensure they are well understood.
- To ensure all work is executed according to the requirements of project and/or Nigerdock supplied working instructions.
- To ensure that you have read and fully understand the contents of the relevant working procedures, enabling you to ensure the desired level of quality is attained .
- To ensure that you and the workers under you wear the correct level of PPE and that they work in a safe environment, utilizing correctly maintained equipment and tools.
- To pre- plan your teams work and assist the individuals in planning the execution of their instructed tasks.
- To ensure that your workers carry out tasks in an efficient manner, with all necessary consumables on hand.
- To work with your team and to be able to delegate tasks with authority and in a clear manner.
- To report all faulty equipment and take the necessary action in either fixing it or making sure that the item gets replaced if it is not repairable.
- To follow up on the progress and completion of tasks delegated to members of your team.
- You will always assume full responsibility for all work under your control.
- To ensure and if necessary teach your team to work as a competent unit, always taking into account the safety of others working adjacent to your work area.
- To ensure that each individual executes work tasks in accordance with the requirements of the stipulated working procedure.
- To always ensure a JSA has been conducted for the proposed work and that all actions stated ate obeyed.
- To always conduct a job specific toolbox talk with your team, identifying the work hazards prior to entering the work area.
- To set an example to those working below you.