Job Reference: CS/04/2016
Functional areas: Audit
- The COBC Specialist reports to the COBC Manager.
- He/She supports the COBC Manager in continuing to create a culture of compliance by establishing standards and procedures to prevent, reduce and detect illegal, unethical and improper conduct.
- The role holder will also be involved in ensuring these standards are communicated and adopted, and for monitoring compliance with the Code of Business Conduct (COBC) as well as other compliance policies, such as the Group Anti-Bribery policy.
The key responsibilities of the role include;
- Conduct investigations at varying levels, for all COBC matters
- Conduct annual Anti-Bribery and Corruption Audit.
- Suggest areas of improvement on team engagement year on year
- Sharing expertise with the Legal and Security teams and providing guidance to HR in the disciplinary stage of investigations.
- Support Legal department with initiatives to strengthen compliance with the ABAC policy.
- Provide guidance to Security on COBC investigations.
- Inspire people to deliver while upholding the CCH values and demonstrate passion for the business.
- Assist the COBC Manager in conducting analysis, preparing reports and communications which are shared with management.
- Ensure appropriate level of information on COBC cases is documented in the Case Management Tool.
- Collaborate with Legal department and other functions, such as Security, HR and Finance, to evaluate policies and training to promote compliance with the COBC and other Group policies.
- Support Legal and other departments in new compliance programs and policy initiatives.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Audit teams and ensure timely communication of identified fraud risks.
- Assist the COBC Manager to develop and conduct trainings, raise awareness, and develop/ maintain relationships with management colleagues across the Country to identify and address key risks
- Effective interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills, with the ability to objectively evaluate complex and sensitive situations, while engendering trust and confidence.
- Bring awareness to CCH COBC and other policies through creative and targeted trainings and communications that can be leveraged Country wide.
- Monitor COBC trends to develop and deploy trainings tailored for specific functions.
- Exercises absolute integrity, confidentially and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional life
- Ensure timely feedback on whistleblower responses and follow-up on action plans.
- Conduct analysis and evaluate reports of code violation. Exercises independent judgment and discretion to determine the best course for response.
Desired candidate profile
- A University level Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, related field or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related professional work experience (investigation and compliance functions)
- CFE/ACCA/ICAN (or equivalent) required
- Masters degree or MBA will be of added advantage
- Experience in performing complex internal investigations.
- Ability to work closely with all Functions to ensure compliance with the COBC policy.
- Ability to challenge and influence employees of all levels to build a culture of high integrity and compliance.
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with business stakeholders
- Ability to exercise full independence in all facets of COBC investigations
- Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help promote and foster a culture of compliance.
- Possess strong project management skills, shows ability to make sound decisions, and exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking
- Very strong oral communication,
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong written communication skills with ability to write clear and concise reports for Management.