We have more than 400 employees working from a number of development and service centres, principally in the United States and United Kingdom providing efficiency-boosting, cost-effective solutions for asset optimization. Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolls Royce plc.
The RoleWe now have a need for a Cognos Planning Developer to develop new and maintain existing Cognos Planning Models to meet the current and emerging needs of the business.
- 5 years + practical experience in design and creating Business Planning solutions.
- Knowledge of Cognos Planning or TM1
- Knowledge of the business concepts used in financial planning and forecasting applications.
- Strong drive for delivering results and has demonstrated initiative
- Familiar with all aspects of Requirements Capture, Design, Development, User Acceptance Testing and is able to effectively deliver supporting technical user information
- Knowledge of software development processes within large and complex organisations
- Drive for continual process improvement
- Managing application of data standards across organisational boundaries
- IT Systems and Information Architecture knowledge
- Configuration control methodology / solution documentation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Business rules development experience
- Relational databases
- Cognos Planning or TM1
- Previous in-depth exposure to financial reporting applications
- Understanding of Data Warehousing
- Understanding of IBM Cognos BI Software
- Understanding of data management tools, techniques and technologies
- Accounting Knowledge
- Knowledge of Oracle