The purpose of this job is:
1) To lead the development of the single shared channel initiative to drive improved reach, productivity and commercial propositions across the Pharma (Rx) and Consumer (Cx) businesses.
2) To successfully lead the implementation of the single shared channel strategy and excellently execute the transition to new the selling and distribution models.
3) To lead and inspire the joint pharmacy channel sales team to deliver against the KPIs and growth targets.
4) To adopt and imbed an enterprise thinking mind set in order to effectively lead the organizational change process, integrating the new team and way of working into the Pharma and Consumer businesses.
1) Develop the strategy to achieve sales and distribution objectives in the Pharmacy channel across Rx and Cx in short (1-2yrs) and mid-term (5-7 yrs).
2) Drive excellent execution in the pharmacy channel to deliver value and drive growth through leadership of single shared channel initiative across Rx and Cx.
3) Gain buy-in and engagement from wider organisation and key external stakeholders to achieve ambition.
4) Lead other key cross functional teams to drive alignment and provide the environment for excellent execution.
5) Drive and track delivery to ensure that KPIs and growth targets are met or exceeded.
6) Manage, coach and lead the joint pharmacy channel team to drive excellent execution, motivation and performance.
7) Define and ensure implementation of pharmacy team capability improvement plan.
8) Lead and manage distribution channel plans and activities. Including distributor contracts, negotiations and performance management.
9) Ensure compliance requirements with GSK policies and procedures are met and robust governance structures are in place to manage compliance.
10)Monitor performance and progress of single shared channel initiative. Implement course correction activities if required.
11) Lead ongoing pharmacy channel planning process to drive continuous improvement and progress towards single shared channel vision.
12) Conduct all business activities in accordance with the rules, product compliance procedures, sales and trade policies as outlined in GSK standard operating procedures.
13) Ensure science is at the heart of all detailing and business interactions.
14) Maintain professional relationship with pharmacists at retail pharmacy outlets, work colleagues and other stakeholders so as to ensure advocacy for GSK products.
15) Manage negotiations within the existing trade policies in line with compliance guidelines.
1) Bachelor of pharmacy degree; registered pharmacist.
2) MBA prefered.
3) At least five (5) years work experience in sales for large or medium size pharmaceutical company.
1) Fluent in English
2) Strong commercial background within Africa or similar emerging markets
3) Knowledge of in-country distribution activity
4) Experience in executing within the pharmacy channel
5) Exceptional negotiation skills
6) Excellent communication skills
7) Abilty to build and maintain client relationships
8) Motivation for sales
9) Leadership capability