Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck is known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada
· Develops commercial strategies and tactics for current and future MSD Consumer Care (MCC) portfolio to maximize revenue and contribution through leveraging different distribution channels (wholesales/distributors, pharmacy chains, individual pharmacies) as well as entry into new channels strategies for consumer care products and upcoming MCC launches in accordance with approved MCC strategic plan pathways.
· Implements strategies in close cooperation with MSD Global Human Health
· Effectively manages key accounts promotional policies, MCC price & discount structures, MCC customers P&L leverages, new channels entry strategies; drives commercial input for S&OP process, including forecast accuracy improvement.
· Manages distributors business (Coppertone and Guronsan) in markets where MCC has no infrastructure
· Manages business development and new market entry strategies.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
· Decision Making: The position requires strong analytical skills to develop pricing/discount/listing/entry cost strategies for MCC portfolio
· Problem Solving: The position requires high level of problem solving skills, ability to work efficiently with large amounts of data and a continuous stream of information in a constantly changing environment, ability to develop different scenarios
FMCG or Pharmaceutical company background.
· Excellent project management skills (manage large difficult projects involving extensive cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration),
Excellent English written and oral communication skills (Arabic and French would be a plus)
Strong organizational, time management, prioritization and relationship building skills.
· Leadership: Personal leadership is required to manage cross-functional and cross-markets projects, encourage global thinking across teams. Passionate Driver: Drives for results with a strong sense of commitment & ownership and a sense of urgency; deep understanding of internal and external customers and stakeholders needs.
· Influence / Liaison: Internal interactions: Senior MCC leaders (MEA and Global Eastern Markets Regions).
Consumer product experience required