Review legal cases, petitions and internal matters requiring legal input /perspective, consult with all relevant parties, advise on case/petition/legal related matter, provide recommendation on course of action and effectively take appropriate and approved action in accordance with the rules and regulations of MTNN.
• Draft legal agreements and review all relevant documentation supporting contracts for authenticity and validity, advising on company contracts relating to supplier agreements.
• Administer controls to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and effectively integrate ethics, compliance and preventive law efforts, ensuring MTNN activities are compliant with laid down laws and governing regulations/statutes.
• Settle legal issues between MTNN and 3rd parties, assisting in managing liquidations and disputes.
• Conduct proactive prevention of litigation, ensuring legal processes and services are effective and efficient in line with defined and approved design and rules.
• Carry out legal (administrative) services work including liaison/correspondence with external bodies and organizations, conducting due diligence in structuring of deals relating to commercial transactions.
• Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
• Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
• Travel – local and international
• 8 years of litigation and commercial experience.
• Experience in handling and negotiating funding
• In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian framework
• Telecommunications Regulatory Master Class
• Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution Initiatives
• Labour and Pension Laws and Regulations
• Effective Drafting and Negotiation Skills for Lawyers in Corporate entities
• Management of External Solicitors and Litigation
• Effective Debt Recovery and Debt Management Strategies
• Finance for Lawyers
• Copyright Laws and Intellectual Property Rights
• Effective Due Diligence and Legal Investigations