JOB PURPOSE - This role within IT directorate will be responsible for aligning business strategic plans with the enterprise architecture in order to provide advisory services and solutions for various projects.
Blend of business and technical proficiency is a must to ensure that programs and projects are delivered at the highest level and in line with business expectation.
Individual should be equipped enough to create blue prints of solutions, implementation road map, enterprise solutions planning and design, and deployment of best practice skillset (Platform, Technology and People) to attain any program or project successes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Solutions and Products Delivery -
- Manage and Deliver New products, VAS, Data and Mobile Commerce projects, following strict project management guidelines.
- Provide overall project leadership and direct project teams in the delivery of high quality products within committed timeframes.
- Champion new data, applications, content portals and messaging product concepts, as well as existing key products and services across the organization
- Provide in-depth technical analysis of proposed business solutions while also playing an advisory role to business and IT leadership
- Advise business leadership on how IT can transform the business plane.
- Strong leadership skills. Superior strategic planning and successful tactical implementation skills
- Scan technology horizon and track emerging standards and trends
- Adopt future proof technology
2. Business Partnership -
- Work with business and IT leadership to define success criteria for New Products, VAS, Data and Mobile Commerce program
- Translate internal customer insights and concepts into functional requirements to achieve business objective
- Provides input to business leaders on how technology can be leveraged to business advantage
- Provides leadership in developing technology strategies that tie directly to current and future business strategies
- Recommend systems and business best practices and drive adoption to ensure architectural consistency
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure business solutions are aligned with business goals, priorities and budget
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to derive a unified architecture and solution strategy for a variety of content management, VAS systems and mobile commerce applications
- Identify, understand, negotiate, prioritize and document business requirements with various business units
- Continuously engage with Business & Technology departments to understand the issues, requirements and engage with the Partners for proper resolution and delivery of services as per agreed time and SLAs
- Ensure integration of various solutions with IT & Network Echo Systems to ensure the proper management of Customer Lifecycle for specific product
3. IT Enterprise planning, design and architecture -
- Responsible for the enterprise architecture and ensuring that the standard framework is applicable at all times
- Take ownership of solution and service offerings that promises increase in revenue and clear business benefits
- Develop and execute a solution strategy and business plan that supports product growth
- Design and develop new systems that would support products and services for multiple market segments, across the entire spectrum of customers
4. Program/Project Management -
- Lead the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs
- Leading strategic, tactical and transformation projects
- Budget control and contract management
5. People Management -
- Effective management of relationships with current and future IT vendors and third party service providers
- Provides directional leadership to the team to create and maintain roadmaps and technology transformation plans, which describe the changes required to go from current to future architectures
- Oversees product or technology evaluations and proof of concept studies and publishes results
- Able to build and maintain strong and trusted relationships throughout the organization, including business leaders and technology leaders
- Comfortable and adept at communicating with the business and technology at all levels in the organization. Has a high degree of facility in making technology concepts understandable to non-technologists
6. Effective and Efficient management of IT budget, with focus on cost saving and waste elimination
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science / Engineering/Applied Sciences
- IT certifications / PMP (desirable)
- Masters in Business Administration would be preferred additional qualification dependent on experience
- 8 years IT experience/8 years related experience in designing and implementing enterprise technology solutions
- 5 - 10 years project management experience
- 6-8 years OSS/BSS experience
- Understanding of IT systems and Applications like Billing, CRM, ERP, Sales Systems etc.
- Good understanding of Network / IP protocols
- Should have worked in multi-vendor networks and have good knowledge of different standards.
- Telecom experience of BSS, CCT, IN’s, SMSC’s, GPRS, CCN, 3G and Rating solutions
- Achieving Results, & Delighting the Customer