Position Description - Roles & Accountabilities:
- Ensure that commissioning team members understand and conform to cleint's HSSE policies and own their personal safety; intervene when observing unsafe actions.
- Manage HSSE applicable to work scopes and monitor the HSSE behaviors of CSU team members, in the office and the field; intervene as needed to ensure clear expectations.
- Contribute to the CSU Team work planning, execution strategy, team roles, contracting strategies, staff planning, work scheduling, etc.
- Assist in the management of the projects CSU budget and schedules (planning and execution).
- Assure that the Preservation, Flawless Project Delivery (FPD), Build It Clean (BIC), and Build It Tight (BIT) work processes are developed, approved, resourced, and executed so that the CSU team inherits an asset with the highest reasonable likelihood for meeting the design intent without preventable rework.
- Ensure the commissioning team is adequately trained as required for their duties and organize all site-related training and inductions.
- Assign work tasks and performance monitoring of Contractor staff.
- Systemize the plant into commissioning systems to affect the most efficient plant start-up, allocate commissioning systems to the commissioning system engineers
- Assist in ensuring development and validation of high-quality system commissioning procedures (SCPs), manuals and check sheets by verifying that the authors are working at the appropriate level of detail and obtaining the appropriate level of input from stakeholders.
- Manage Project technical and operational interfaces (internal and external) with appropriate and timely engagement of technical authorities.
- Organize team accommodation and consumables including IT equipment (usually with assistance of construction manager)
- Update all commissioning documentation post start-up; if required direct and/or participate in all pre start-up safety reviews and pre start-up Hazard study activities.
- Participate in all coordination, scheduling, safety and progress review meetings, design review meetings as required i.e. HAZOP, P&ID reviews, 3-d model reviews, DCS SFAT and SAT.
- Safe and successful delivery of assigned tasks including handover to operations. Meeting project targets for schedule, cost, risk management, operability and reliability.
- Ensuring compliance with project controls at all times, including management of change (MoC) process.
- Contribute/review/approval of project/activity deliverable documents and deviations to standards and standard practices.
- Application and interpretation of regulations, standards, specifications and guidelines (International, National and Company [DEM/DEP]).