To create and manage the perception of LBS as a world-class brand with in-depth local knowledge of business and management among key stakeholders, the school is in search of a talented professional to fill the role of Communication Officer.
Reporting Relationship: Head, Corporate Communications
- Responsible for managing all internal communication.
- Responsible for building and managing relationships with the press; prepare and issue press invitations to media houses for major school events held throughout the year.
- Generate content for the website and annual reports; research and compile new stories and relevant information about the school and faculty.
- Prepare and issue news release about conferences and other major school events held throughout the year.
- Liaise with advertising agencies for advert placements, and process payments accordingly.
- Work closely with the Graphic Artist to prepare newspaper adverts, in-house flyers and posters for the school’s programmes. Monitor for quality and accuracy of content.
- Work alongside the Graphic Artist in preparing the monthly staff news letter by researching and compiling stories and relevant information.
- Manage the branded items store
- Manage relationships with and prepare payments for vendors; keep records of all payments made.
- Any other specific or adhoc duty to be assigned by line manager from time to time
- Business writing, journalistic and administrative skills
- Good knowledge of corporate communications/ public relations
- Creative writing skills and conceptualization
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft word package
Minimum Qualification & Experience
Bachelors’ degree in any discipline (preferably Mass communication or English)
- Previous experience in a fast paced, multi-level project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery
- Candidate must possess 2 to 3years of proven strategic communication planning including employee communication, media relations and event management