The Communication Specialist will report to the Managing Director of the ATTC Project.
- Lead the development and implementation of the communication strategy for the project to
- improve its visibility.
- Support the manufacturing and distribution companies of Aflasafe to develop and promote the
- aflasafe brand.
- Support the awareness creation component of the project.
- Develop and implement communication plans and campaigns to support ATTC project activities,
- and promote results and impact among investors/donors, partners, beneficiaries, and the general
- Lead all public events organized by the project such as launches, business meetings, products
- presentations, networking events.
- Capture and write up stories about ATTC work for a range of stakeholders and platforms in
- various formats including video, radio, stills, website and print publications.
- Generate/contribute written content and provide editing and quality control in the production of
- various publications and project documents such as progress reports, newsletters, annual
- highlights, R4D Review, among others
- Plan, edit and design a variety of print products/ publications using desktop publishing tools.
- Regularly monitor and report on website analytics to inform digital strategies online.
- Redesign the Aflasafe website, enrich content, provide editorial support and offer guidance to a
- widening pool of website contributors.
- Create and manage the project’s social media channels, uploading information and materials;
- monitoring comments and giving feedback.
- Mentor and train program staff in a variety of communications and digital media skills (e.g. social
- media, writing blogs, editorial style and guidelines, brand).
- Educational Qualifications
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in in Communications, Journalism, Media Arts.
- 5+ years of professional experience in corporate, or developmental communication; direct
- experience of working in private sector preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Relevant experience with website production and maintenance, digital media production and
- management, and design.
- Relevant experience in the development and promotion of brands.
- Experience in designing and organizing high level business and advocacy/policy events.
- Good oral and written communication in French is an advantage.