Note: these positions are for on-site work at Al Mirfa, Abu Dhabi.
A. Testing, Comissioning and Integration:
Perform work including:
- Assisting Installation activities carried out by ADSI and subcontractors;
- Verify the correct installation of system (in according to Installation study) cooperating with subcontractors responsible of installation system;
- Preparation of test and calibration device;
- Planning site commissioning,
- Assist/Perform Testing and Commissioning activity as requested by Project Engineer and/or Commissioning Manager;
- Assist/Perform Integration (at site and system level) as requested by Project Engineer and/or Commissioning/Integrator Manager;
- Assist/Perform Site Acceptance Test and prepare test reports.
B. Stakeholder management
Manage key stakeholders for the project by:
- Liaising with site Technicians, and Engineer of subcontractors;
- Liaising with Customer regarding daily work day by day on the site.
C. Material Management
Manage materials for the project on site by:
- Organizing and assessing equipment/material required for simulator structure on the field;
- Organizing and assessing equipment/material required for cabling and assembling cabinet;
- Organizing and assessing material missing after installation.
Provide progress reports and documentation as required:
- Attending project progress meeting as and when required;
- Preparing progress reports for appropriate activities, including site diary sheets;
- Liaising and organizing relevant work permits;
- Prepare all technical report as required by technical documents;
- Prepare technical documentation (i.e Method of Statement) and test specification/reports (ITP and ITR) coordinating whit Commissioning/Integrator Manager and Customer.
E. Perform other duties as required.
F. Available to reach each day everyone of site in case point b. is not satisfied;
Minimum: completed college Diploma, certificate in communications system equipment testing, commissioning and integration.
Desired: completed university education (to Bachelor’s degree level) in Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent.
A minimum of five (5) years experience in railway projects with similar responsibilities as mentioned above, is required.
- Knowledge in testing, commissioning and integration of equipment that are part of Communications System: The main Technologies, part of Communications System are: (1) GSM-R (Including System Equipment and Antennas System), (2) Backbone SDH (Including System Equipment and Optic Fiber;
- Proficient in the use of computers and office applications - MS office Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Proficient in the use of Measurement Equipment (spectrum analyser, Vector Analyser, Digital Oscilloscope, signal generator, ...);
- Preferable Knowledge of LABVIEW environment for report generation and measurement analysis;
- Knowledge and excellent command of English and knowledge of Arabic a distinct advantage;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Accountability for results;
- Strong client orientation;
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.