Overview of Position
A Communications Associate is being hired by the Information and Communications Technology for Saving One Million Lives (ICT4SOML) Initiative to provide communications and administrative support for its activities in coordinating the strategic and systematic scale-up of ICTs to achieve the goals of Nigerian Government’s Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH).
Saving One Million Lives (SOML) was launched in October 2012 to prevent the deaths of one million pregnant women, new mothers, newborns, and children under 5 by 2015. The United Nations Foundation, with funding from Norad, has partnered with GSMA and Intel to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and the Federal Ministry of Communication Technology (FMCT) in Nigeria around the strategic planning and organized nationwide scale-up of ICTs to achieve the goals of the FMoH through the SOML initiative.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will:
- Provide logistics support for events planning and day to day program operations.
- Be responsible for vendor and consultant management and liaison.
- Support the dissemination of ICT4SOML activities through blog posts, Facebook, Twitter and other social media and media platforms.
- Work with the Sr. Communications Advisor and SOML communications contact to ensure alignment of messaging and communications strategy.
- Support knowledge management and online collaborative activities within ICT4SOML, including managing online collaboration and document sharing tools/platforms (Google groups), and other online tools as needed.
- Manage the ICT4SOML mailing list of component groups and making sure they are up to date.
- Provide general administration and Health ICT (ICT4SOML) communication tasks as maybe delegated