The nature of our industry leads to greater challenges but also, we think, to greater job satisfaction. Engaging and responding to our stakeholders underpins our reputational and regulatory activity, including an acclaimed approach to our sustainability framework and reporting, as well as media engagement and digital communications. To support this, we’re looking for somebody to manage external & internal communications, based in Dubai.
As an experienced Corporate Communications Manager, you’ll now be eager to prove your ability in an industry that offers unique challenges. To fully engage people with the points of view of BAT, you’ll be persuasive, open minded, and at the top of your game with world class communication skills. You’ll also be an Arabic speaker.
We’ll reward you with enviable benefits, including a bonus system unheard of in other FMCGs. You’ll also get access to great talent development as part of a multinational with a culture that is lively and very supportive to those who want to succeed.
The Corporate Communications team manages significant areas of corporate reputation amongst key internal and external stakeholders, is responsible for communications across all key CORA reputation campaigns and initiatives, and well supports other functions regarding communications. The jobholder is a key player in the Corporate Communications team managing an active internal communications infrastructure to support the Company’s goals.
- Maintain and develop local corporate website as a high quality, up-to-date and innovative communications medium
- Write, edit, co-ordinate and ensure legal approval gained for all site content.
- Joint responsibility for the design and functionality of web site.
- Execute the Group’s internal communications strategy and plan
- Co-ordinate with relevant teams (HR, Global CORA etc) to help develop a network of employee communicators
- Devise and implement internal communication plans for key business, reputation and issues management initiatives
- Day-to-day management of intranet home page
- Manage employee communication
- Plan, write, edit and manage other publication projects for the end market and external stakeholders.
- Guardianship of corporate identity
- Brief external contractors: writers, photographers, designers etc.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Arabic
- Able to contribute to planning and strategy development of the communications function
- Experience of using the full range of media tools, including online and audio-visual channels
- Excellent writing skills and well developed editorial judgment
- Highly proficient in MS Office packages e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Photo Editor.
- Some experience of using Content Management Systems and desktop publishing packages. Good appreciation of print and web design
- Experience of using communication research tools and techniques e.g surveys
- Strong project management skills
- Flexible, creative approach to work and problem solving; able to prioritise and manage own time
- Able to think commercially with good corporate understanding and awareness
- Able to brief, direct and manage external and internal editorial, print and technical suppliers
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Good understanding of Arabic culture
- Experience in a Corporate Communications role in the tobacco industry, or an industry operating in a similar environment of complex regulatory affairs
- FMCG Experience